Executive & Professional Employment Lawyers
Executive and professionals can be litigated just to get an unnecessary claim, some employees falsely litigated the executive and professionals, or employer refuses to obey the terms and conditions of the agreement, for this, they need a lawyer who can handle such type of issues. Various professionals can face various types of litigation like discrimination case, harassment case and much more. Various professions face these litigation’s includes:
Professions with Protected Classes
If any professional gets unnecessary litigation, he/she can also sue the litigant and can ask for a claim. If you want to hire an attorney who handles your all executive & professional employment problems then you should consult us. Our law firm is best and has experienced lawyers who can represent you in the court on the behalf of you.
Executive employment contracts and compensation agreements
An executive employment contract is a contract between the organization employer and executive in which all details like executive duties & responsibilities, terms of an agreement, compensation, company benefits etc. all are mentioned. For recruiting the best employees for a company an employer has to hire an experienced executive who can handle various duties on behalf of him/her. For this executive employment contracts consist of a lot of benefits and compensations. For making these agreements you need an attorney who can make a contract by not violating any law and in company favor and includes various duties and responsibilities of an executive which includes:
- Executive Duties & responsibilities.
- Compensation during the employment
- Company Benefits
- Employee Benefits
- Bonus eligibility
- Business expenses
- Termination procedure
- Resolution of disputes
- General terms like issuing any warning letter to employees.
This agreement differs from an employment contract. For being an executive of a company what other benefits he/she will get includes:
- Health Benefits
- Promotion Plans
- Retirement Plans
- Stock Ownership Plans
If any executive of a company is being harassed or any employee or employer is violating any agreement terms and condition, then the executive can go for a case against the employee and employer.
Non-compete & non-disclosure agreements
Non-compete & NDA(Non-Disclosure Agreement) is an agreement between the employer and executive. According to this, on termination or retirement, an executive will not disclose any information of the company which should not be disclosed to any other organization. The information may be of projects an organization is handling, about the best employees of an organization or any other confidential information.
Each organization requires to keep some information confidential & due to this an agreement is signed between the employer and employee of the organization. But it doesn’t mean that this agreement excessively burdensome on an executive or employee. Some limitation for this agreement includes:
- Scope, duration, and geographic limits: Each NDA is signed for a limited time period and it includes some job activities that can’t be disclosed, so before signing an NDA read all the terms and conditions. If you have any questions about NDA you should consult an attorney, he/she can explain it in deeply and if you have any issues regarding the NDA contact us. We have experienced attorney who can handle these problems.
- Consideration: While signing an NDA some consideration should be taken care of includes: it should have a proper definition of Confidential information. i.e. What type of information can’t be disclosed, Definition of Confidentiality Obligations & Right to Take Action while not following the agreement conditions, NDA Executed by Authorized Signatory and much more.
- Legitimate business interest: An employer can’t include unnecessary Business interest. It should have some Legitimate business interest that is in favor of both the parties.
If you are going to sign an NDA or signed it and it has some illegal considerations, you should contact an attorney. If you are looking for an NDA attorney contact us. We have a lot of experience and saved a lot of employees and employers from illegal actions.
Severance agreement, a lasting agreement between an employee and employer. Before terminating his job an employee has to sign a severance agreement, according to which all the settlements are written on the behalf of employee and employer. After signing this an employee is not related to the company anymore and can’t sue the organization for any lawsuit.
Before signing this, an employee must consult a Severance Agreement negotiation lawyer, who will assist him and tell about if there is any wrong point in that agreement. Here are the top reasons that you need to discuss with an attorney before signing a severance agreement.
- The Severance Payment
- Company Benefits
- Non-Disparagement and References
- Unemployment compensation rights
- Waiver of legal claims
If you have any questions about the severance agreement, you can contact our law firm where our attorneys are ready to answer your each question and can handle your all severance agreement related problems.
Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA) is a federal law under which various retirement plans of an employee is decided according to various standards. It varies according to the employee and executives. These plans can be in the form of:
- 401(k) plans
- Defined benefit plans
- Defined contribution plans
- Profit sharing or stock bonus plans
- Simplified employee retirement plans
- Employee stock ownership plans
These are the various retirement plan an employer can offer to an employee. According to ERISA, it is not mandatory to provide different plans to different employees. If any employers give the choices for retirement plans, ERISA describes:
- For Adequate funding an Employer’s responsibilities.
- The time period for which this plan will be valid.
- How much time an employee has to give to the organization for eligible for the plan.
- Being absent to the work, how it will affect the benefits from the plan.
ERISA provides protection to the employee if any employee/employer violated this law, the ERISA will investigate the complete case. If you had undergone from the company internal procedure and does not get any satisfactory result, you should contact an experienced attorney.
Standard employment disputes
During working for an organization various disputes can be faced by the employees and executives. Various Standard employment disputes include:
- Race discrimination
- Age discrimination
- Disability discrimination
- Religious discrimination
- Sex discrimination
- Retaliation for engaging in a legally protected activity.
If you are dealing with any of the disputes you can contact us. We feel pride in serving our clients and carefully listen to your problem and handle it professionally.
Why hire an executive employment attorney?
1) When you have an attorney the employer will consider your case carefully. It is possible that you don’t have a need to take the headache of court visits. It is possible due to an attorney the Employer solves your complaint on his/her behalf.
2) When you have an attorney, and you are not getting the results from your employer, the lawyer could find more evidence against the employer and it makes your case stronger.
3) When you have an attorney you will be aware of all the question and answers of the defense lawyer and you will be able to give right answer without making any mistake, it will increase the probability of winning the case.